Kentucky Medicaid Information
Unlike other insurances, Medicaid does not limit when people can enroll for health insurance. If you qualify for Medicaid, you can enroll anytime throughout the year.
Medicaid rules have changed and many more people are eligible to enroll.
The basic eligibility rules in Kentucky based on your income are:
Children Up to Age 1: up to 195% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
Children Ages 1-18: up to 159% FPL
KY CHIP: Between 160-213% FPL
All Adults: up to 138% FPL
Here are examples of what the federal poverty levels mean by monthly income and yearly income:
- Single up to 195% FPL: $1,896 a month or $22,756.50 a year
- Family of 4 up to 195% FPL: $3,876 a month or $46,507.50 a year
- Family of 4 up to 213% FPL: $4,233 a month or $50,800.50 a year
- Single up to 138% FPL: $1,342 a month or $16,105 a year
- Family of 4 up to 138% FPL: $2,743 a month or $32,913 a year
For a complete chart showing all FPL guidelines, click here.
To find out if you or your family is eligible for Medicaid, you can go to the Kentucky Health Benefits Exchange which is called kynect. The kynect website is http://kynect.ky.gov or call 1-855-4kynect (1-855-459-6328).
If you would like to have to help to signing up for Medicaid, you can find list of insurance agents and assisters on the kynect website: https://kyenroll.ky.gov/General/AgentOrKynector or call 1-855-326-4650.
You can also find in-person assistance at:
HealthPoint Family Care
- Bellevue: 103 Landmark Drive, Bellevue, KY 41073 859-655-6100
- Covington: 1401 Madison Ave, Covington, KY 41011 859-655-6100
- Florence: 7607 Dixie Highway, Florence, KY 41042 859-655-6100
- Latonia: 4307 Winston Ave, Covington, KY 41015 859-655-6100
- Nicholasville: 101 Orchard Drive, Nicholasville, KY 40356 859-881-4288
- Pike Street; 343 Pike Street, Covington, KY 41011 859-291-9321